Tuesday, May 26, 2009

my school days

I studied at South Point High School and have spent some of the glorious days of my life there,the innocence,naivete,of those days are like pearls in an oyster in the timeless depths of the ocean---to be cherished over and over again.I was fortunate enough to have cultivated my passion for music with inspiration from my teachers.Be it any inter school fest or any state-level competition,i was the first one to be summoned to the principal's room---i remember an anecdote:Spic Macay was organising a nation wide classical vocal contest,and the authorities had come down to our school for participants.When I went to BIG MAM'S(that's what we used to call her)room,shrunken,apprehending as to why I was called,she introduced me to a gentleman from Spic Macay saying that:''he is the pride of my school''....I will remember this,for the rest of my life.Though I was underaged for the contest, they listened to a bandish (most probably it was in rag yaman)and allowed me to participate with the university students.I had sung raag Maalkauns and had bagged the 2 nd prize.......I still have the memento which says,'Look Beyond Yourself'!

1 comment:

  1. skul..da writin reminded me of my gud ol days..
    i was never da pride of mah skul..bt my skul is my pride..watevr i m 2day is because of my skul

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
me?? well,to put it in a single sentence, 'Kaustav is a curious blend of Hamlet's procrastination,Lear's narcissism,Othello's fidelity,Macbeth's will power,tempered with a tinge of Antonio's vulnerability'