Friday, May 22, 2009

NoStAlGiA

I am a native from the state of the seven sisters,Assam---the enchantress,seducing all with her natural bounty.Surrounded by hills and hillocks,and gifted with the ''Old Man River'',Brahmaputra,Assam has seen me grow up amidst the aroma of the tea gardens of Tezpur,the frozen twilight of Shillong, and the dense forests of Manas.
Born in 1980 at Guwahati Medical College,I have an eventful story to narrate about my seeing the light of the world from the secret chambers of my mother's womb.My mom was diagnosed with chicken pox right before my birth ,and as a consequence,she was refused admission in nursing homes and hospitals of the city.So,how do I come ?? Dr.Aloka Goswami,a reputed gyanecologist was sent as a samaritan for my mom and in a curtained corner of medical college's verandah,i cried out for the first time!!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
me?? well,to put it in a single sentence, 'Kaustav is a curious blend of Hamlet's procrastination,Lear's narcissism,Othello's fidelity,Macbeth's will power,tempered with a tinge of Antonio's vulnerability'